Cooking Time: 8-10 Min Servings: 4
- Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 salmon steaks, 1 ½ lb and about 1 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Olive Scene Traditional Balsamic Vinegar*
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley or basil
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Put oil in a flat dish, add mustard, Cajun seasoning, pepper flakes, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar.
- Blend well with a wire whisk.
- Place the salmon in the marinade and coat well on both sides.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it stand in a cool place for 1 hour.
- Let stand at room temp 15 min before grilling
- Remove salmon from the marinade.
- Rub the rack lightly with oil then place salmon on hot grill.
- Cook 3 minutes and turn a quarter turn.
- Cook 2 more minutes.
- Carefully flip salmon and cook 3- 5 minute longer depending on thickness of salmon.
- Remove to serving platter
- Sprinkle with parsley or basil and serve. (4 servings)
*can also use dark chocolate, espresso, or fig