Cooking Time: 20-30 min Servings: 4-6
- Herbes de Provence Infused Olive Oil
- Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil
- 1 boneless butterflied leg of lamb (4 to 5 lb)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene Herb de Provence or Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- mixture of 1 teaspoon rosemary and 2 teaspoons basil
- Prepare a charcoal or wood fire in a grill or heat a gas grill to medium high.
- Brush the meat with the olive oil and with a sharp knife, make slits about ½ inch deep all over the meat. Insert the garlic slices in the slits.
- Rub the meat with the salt and pepper and then sprinkle with the herbs, pressing them into the flesh with the palm of your hand.
- When the coals have become coated with white ash, oil the rack and grill the lamb for about 10 minutes, paying attention to flare-ups so it does not char or overcook.
- Turn and cook another 10 to 20 min. or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat registers 130 degrees for medium rare.
- Transfer the lamb to a carving board or platter (one that will collect the juices) and loosely cover it with foil.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before carving into thin slices.
- Serve with a little of the carving juices spooned over, accompanied by Garlicky White Beans, drizzled with more olive oil, if you like.
*Serve with Garlicky White Beans