Cooking Time: 2h 15m Servings: 15
Basil Infused Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Olive Scene Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive Scene Basil Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bone-in skinless smoked ham, shank or butt end portion (7 lb.)
- 2 lb parsnips, trimmed, peeled and cut into ½ -inch-wide spears
- 1 ½ lb baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Basil Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Mix glaze ingredients together in a small dish, and set aside.
- Place ham, fat-side up, in roasting pan.
- Diagonally score ham; cover with foil.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Remove foil, and brush ham with 1/3 of the glaze mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until heated through (140°), brushing with glaze every 20 min.
- Meanwhile, toss parsnips and carrots with 2 tablespoons Basil oil in large shallow pan.
- Add to oven with ham the last 45 min of the ham baking time.
- Turn the vegetables every time ham is brushed with glaze.
- Remove ham from oven; transfer to cutting board.
- Tent with foil; let stand 15 min.
- Meanwhile, increase oven temperature to 425ºF.
- Continue to roast vegetables 15 min., turning every 5 min.
- Serve with ham.