Cooking Time: 11 Mins Servings: 4
Basil Infused Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Olive Scene Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 lb orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lb left over grilled or roasted chicken
- 1 cup minced scallions, white and green parts
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and medium-diced
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion
- 3/4 lb good feta cheese, large diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fill a large pot with water, and bring to a boil.
- Add the orzo and simmer for 9 to 11 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it's cooked al dente.
- Drain and pour into a large bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 tsp of pepper. Pour over the hot pasta and stir well.
- Add the chicken to the orzo and then add the scallions, dill, parsley, cucumber, onion, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Toss well.
- Add the feta and stir carefully.
- Set aside in the refrigerator for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend, or refrigerate overnight. If refrigerated, taste again for seasonings before serving