Cooking Time: 25 Servings: 2
Oregano Balsamic Vinegar
Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
For the chicken:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon The Olive Scene’s Oregano Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup The Olive Scene’s Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
For the salad:
- 1 tablespoon The Olive Scene’s Oregano Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped, or black olive tapenade.
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2- 1/2 cup cup feta cheese, cubed (optional, can omit if looking for a healthier version)
- Whisk together the oregano balsamic, mustard and garlic.
- Continue whisking, and slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup of the olive oil.
- Add the chicken strips and thoroughly coat.
- Refrigerate and marinate the chicken strips in the mixture for up to 4 hours.
- Turn occasionally to make sure that all parts of the chicken are being marinated.
- 1 hour before cooking: make the salad.
- Place the oregano balsamic in a small bowl.
- Slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil while whisking to create a vinaigrette.
- Combine the olives, cucumber slices, cherry tomato halves and feta cheese in a medium bowl.
- Pour the vinaigrette over and thoroughly stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
- Add salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, scraping off any excess marinade and garlic.
- Sautee the chicken in the skillet for 7-10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the final tablespoon of oregano balsamic during the last minute of cooking.
- The balsamic will caramelize slightly and create a nice glaze for the chicken.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.