Cooking Time: 45-50 min Servings: 4-6
Olive Scene Serrano Honey Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ c dark brown sugar
- ¼ c tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 5 tablespoons Olive Scene Serrano Honey Vinegar
- 1 c fresh cranberries
- 1 c vegetable broth
- 2 ½ lb cut up chicken pieces
- Seasonello (available at The Olive Scene)
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, onion, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until deep golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add sugar, tomato paste, mustard and cayenne and cook, stirring constantly until darkened and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and cranberries and continue to cook, stirring often, until cranberries begin to pop, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Set aside to let cool slightly.
- Heat grill to medium. Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Season well with Seasonello and pepper to taste.
- Grill chicken pieces, bone side up, on uncovered grill over medium hot coals for 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken and grill for another 20 to 30 minutes or until tender and juices run clear, brushing often with the sauce during the last 15 minutes of cooking.