Cooking Time: 1 hr Servings: 10-12
- Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- 16 oz fresh strawberries, hulled and large berries cut in half
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene 18yr Traditional, Strawberry or Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Place strawberries in a bowl.
- Drizzle vinegar over strawberries, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Cover, and let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour but not more than 4 hours.
- Just before serving, grind pepper over berries.
- This is a unique, gourmet way to serve this fantastic summer fruit! The balsamic vinegar brings out the berries beautiful color and truly enhances their flavor.
- Great served with a simple pound cake, over vanilla ice cream, or simply by themselves.