Cooking Time: 45-50 min Servings: 6-8
Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
to ingredients: remove Confectioners sugar and add: 2 tsp Olive Scene Cranberry Pear, Ripe Peach, or Pomegranate Quince Balsamic Vinegar. Add to directions: "pulse rest of fruit with vinegar of choice...
- ½ cup Olive Scene Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup sweet white wine
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 2 large egg whites
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 pt fresh berries of your choice
- 2 teaspoons Olive Scene Cranberry Pear, Ripe Peach, or Pomegranate Quince Balsamic Vinegar.
- olive oil to coat pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degree.
- Brush 9 inch spring form pan with olive oil.
- Line bottom of pan with parchment paper.
- Combine flour & salt in bowl & set aside.
- In large bowl beat egg yolks & sugar until light yellow.
- Add flour mix to egg mix & beat on med low until well blended.
- Beat in lemon zest.
- In small bowl combine wine & lemon infused olive oil
- Slowly pour wine/oil mix into flour/egg mix beating thoroughly as you pour until combined.
- Set aside.
- In a clean bowl w/clean beaters, beat 7 egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold 1 /3 of the whites into the batter with rubber spatula.
- Then fold in the remaining whites JUST until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 45-50 min until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
- Run long thin knife blade around edge of pan and detach ring.
- Save some of the berries for garnish and the remainder, pulse rest of fruit with vinegar of choice n food processor until smooth.
- Right before serving, top cake with berry puree and garnish with whole berries.