Cooking Time: 1 Hr 15 Min Servings: 6
Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice (about 4-5 large navel oranges)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon Olive Scene Blood Orange Infused Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven, remove any racks above, and preheat to 350°F.
- Coat a 12 c bundt or tube pan with 1 tablespoon Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil and set aside.
- Finely grate the zest of 2 oranges, then squeeze 4 of them. You should have 1 1/2 cups and 1 reserved tablespoon of juice; if not, squeeze the 5th orange. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or with a hand held mixer in a large bowl, beat the eggs on medium-high speed until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in the granulated sugar and continue beating until thick and pale yellow, about 3 minutes.
- On low speed, alternate adding the flour mixture and Olive Scene Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil, starting and ending with the flour, and beat until just a few wisps of flour remain.
- Pour in the orange juice, zest and dried cranberries and whirl for a few seconds to bring the batter together.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a cake tester comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- If the top is browning too much as the cake bakes, cover lightly with foil.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes and then turn the cake out on to a rack over a sheet pan.