This classic Italian dessert gets a makeover with our Espresso Balsamic Vinegar.
Cooking Time: 30 Min Servings: 6
- 5 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 16 oz mascarpone – softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 12 lady fingers
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 3 tablespoons Olive Scene Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup ground chocolate
- Whisk 1/3 cup of sugar with egg yolks for two minutes until light yellow and tripled in volume.
- Place the egg yolks in a large heat proof bowl set over a medium saucepan of simmering water.
- Add the Marsala and continue whisking constantly for about five minutes or until the temperature of the mixture reaches 150 degrees on a digital thermometer.
- Set aside and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whip the mascarpone and 1/3 cup of sugar with the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the zabaglione (egg yolk mixture) in to the mascarpone mixture.
- Blend the espresso or coffee with the remaining two tablespoons of sugar, rum and espresso balsamic until the sugar dissolves.
- Working with 1 cookie at a time, dipping a total of 4 cookies into the espresso per layer.
- Arrange the lady fingers in a single layer, side by side with a small amount of room between each, over the bottom of a two to three quart dish.
- Spoon 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture over the cookies and gently spread to cover.
- Sprinkle with ground chocolate.
- Repeat this process two more times finishing with a layer of mascarpone and ground chocolate on top.
- Cover the tiramisu with plastic and refrigerate at least 6 hours.