Cooking Time: 60-70 min Servings: 8-10
- 1 lb ground beef or veal
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Romano Cheese
- dash onion powder
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole chicken (or 2 large cans chicken broth= 4 quart)
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 stalks diced celery
- 1 lb finely chopped escarole
- ½ lb ditalini or any small pasta, cooked and drained
- Mix meat, bread crumbs, cheese, onion powder eggs and salt and pepper together and roll into tiny meatballs.
- Brown in olive oil.
- Drain onto paper towels and set aside.
- In 4 quarts water, stew a whole chicken until cooked (if you are really strapped for time, you can buy a pre-roasted chicken).
- Remove chicken and debone and shred and then return the meat to the pot.
- Add carrots and 2 celery.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the meatballs and escarole.
- Reduce the heat and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add drained, cooked pasta to your simmering soup. MANGIA!