Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 mins Servings: 6
- Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
6 small (6-inch) squash
½ large (or 1 medium-sized) red onion, diced
2 tablespoons Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Olive Scene Traditional Balsamic Vinegar*
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
2. Trim the stems and tough bottom ends off of the squash, then cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds.
3. Place the squash on the lined baking sheet, skin side down.
4. Spoon the diced red onion into the squash, then sprinkle them with the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 1 hour, until onions are browned and squash is cooked through (An hour in the oven turns the squash silky and sweet, and their diced onion filling becomes caramelized and sticky-sweet.)
*can also use dark chocolate, espresso, or fig