Cooking Time: 8-10 Min Servings: 4
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (8 oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms, chopped slightly
- 2 (16 oz) jars roasted red peppers
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (9 oz) packages fresh cheese tortellini, uncooked
- Heat oil in large saucepan and sauté onions and garlic until very soft.
- Add mushrooms and sauté slightly.
- Place roasted red peppers in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Add pepper puree and chicken broth to saucepan.
- Season with basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in tortellini, and continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.