Cooking Time: 20m Servings: 4
- The Olive Scene Roasted French Walnut Oil
- The Olive Scene Medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- The Olive Scene Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar (alternative The Olive Scene Gravenstein White Apple)
For the squash:
- 2 lb butternut squash, peeled, and diced into 1/2 inch squares
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
For the Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup Olive Scene Roasted Walnut Oil
- 2 teaspoons Olive Scene Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the salad:
- 6 cups spring mixed greens (baby spinach, arugula, frisee, radicchio)
- 6 cups baby romaine
- 6 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 6 tablespoons raisins
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
- Roast the Butternut Squash: Preheat oven to 400° Combine diced butternut squash, olive oil, salt and pepper on a non-stick baking tray.
- Toss to evenly coat. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Make the Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette: Combine mustard and balsamic in a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
- Slowly drizzle in the Walnut Oil, whisking until emulsified.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Make the Salad: Evenly distribute greens among 4 or 6 plates.
- Top with butternut squash, goat cheese, raisins, and walnuts.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.