Cooking Time: 1 - 1 1/2 hrs Servings: 8-10
- 2 lbs small to medium sized beets, scrubbed, washed, and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Approximately 2 cups Olive Scene Honey-Serrano Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash and scrub the beets thoroughly.
- Place the whole beets on to the baking sheet and enclose the beets with another sheet of foil.
- Roast the beets for approximately an hour, depending on size.
- If using large beets, it may take up to 2 hours for the beets to roast.
- Pierce the beet with a paring knife and if it slides into the center of the beet with little resistance, the beets are done.
- Allow the beets to cool and then slip off the skins.
- You can also use a paring knife to help peel them.
- Cut the beets in to 1 inch wedges, circles, or crinkle cut.
- Place the beets in to a glass jar with a lid and cover with 2 cups of Honey-Serrano Vinegar or enough vinegar to just cover.
- Refrigerate the beets for 24 hours and enjoy.
*You can substitute the Honey-Serrano Vinegar with many other options including Champagne, White Balsamic, Sicilian Lemon Balsamic or Honey-Ginger White Balsamic. Experiment and see what you like best.