Cooking Time: 6-10 Min Servings: 4-6
Champagne Wine Vinegar
1/3 cup Olive Scene Champagne Wine Vinegar
1 tablespoon Olive Scene Grapefruit, Mango, Ripe Peach, or Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup Olive Scene Mission Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Olive Scene Mission Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 1 lb small zucchini, cut crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- ¾ lb cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb baby eggplant (about 4 inches long), cut crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 10 oz Cremini mushrooms, trimmed
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 18 (12-inch) metal or wooden skewers (soaked in warm water 30 minutes if wooden)
- Make vinaigrette:
- Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients in a glass measure until combined, set aside.
- Skewer and grill vegetables:
- Mix 2 teaspoons oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl.
- Toss zucchini in and turn to coat.
- Repeat with remaining vegetables, adding more oil, salt and pepper.
- Work with 1 vegetable at a time and keep each batch separate.
- Thread vegetables onto skewers (thread zucchini and eggplant horizontally through slices so cut sides will lie flat on grill; leave about ½ inch between tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions), using 3 skewers per type of vegetable and not mixing vegetables on any skewer.
- Prepare grill for cooking over medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas).
- Grill kebabs in 2 batches on lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using gas grill, turning over once, until vegetables are tender. Vegetables, except tomatoes, should be lightly browned; tomatoes should be blistered and shriveled, 6 to 10 minutes. Timing will vary among vegetables.
- Transfer skewers as cooked to a platter and, if desired, remove vegetables from skewers.
- Drizzle with some of vinaigrette and serve remaining vinaigrette on the side.