Cooking Time: 6 hrs Servings: 8
- 1 lb Great White Northern Beans, rinsed and picked over
- 1 medium celery rib, coarsely chopped
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- ¼ lb smoked bacon diced (turkey bacon works great!)
- 2 large cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 5 quarts chicken broth or stock, vegetable stock, or cold water
- 1 - 2" sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Combine all the ingredients except for the olive oil in a large slow cooker.
- Set the cooker to high for 6 hours.
- Once the beans are tender, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Drain the beans with a slotted spoon and serve slathered in a fresh medium intensity Extra Virgin Olive Oil with crusty bread.