Cooking Time: 2 - 2 1/2 hrs Servings: 8
- 5 whole cloves garlic
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 lb dried white navy beans, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Put the whole garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, and rosemary in a cheesecloth bag and put them in a large pot along with the beans and salt.
- Cover by 4 inches with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until tender, 2 to 2- 1/2 hours.
- The beans should be very slightly soupy, so add a bit of water during cooking if they become too dry.
- Stir the olive oil into the beans, and adjust the seasonings as needed. (The beans can be made the day before and reheated.)
- Serve along side Grilled Butterfly Leg of Lamb.