Cooking Time: 20-30 Min Servings: 1-1 1/2 qts
Honey Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 to 4 lbs of cored, and quartered apples. Do not peel the apples , about 10-12 medium
- 1 cup of water
- 3-4 tablespoons Olive Scene Honey Ginger Balsamic vinegar
- 3 inches of cinnamon stick
- 2-4 tablespoons white sugar
- Put all ingredients into a large pot.
- Bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes. until apples are very soft and easily smashed.
- Remove from heat.
- Run through a Foley Food Mill or Victoria strainer.
- Add balsamic vinegar and sugar to taste.
- Ready to serve, either hot or refrigerated.
- Delicious with vanilla ice cream or vanilla yogurt.
- Freezes easily, lasts up to one year in a cold freezer.
*Make sure you use a good cooking apple like Cortland, Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Winesap, Fuji, Jonathan, or Mcintosh.