- 4 oranges (or blood oranges)
- 1 or 2 small sweet white onions, peeled (sweetest possible)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh Dill (optional)
- Cut the tops and bottoms off the oranges and, using a small, very sharp knife.
- Slice off the skins of the oranges, cutting close to the flesh and removing all traces of pith.
- Slice the oranges thinly, and arrange neatly, slightly overlapping, on a beautiful plate.
- Thinly slice the onions and lay them on top of the oranges.
- Wisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle over oranges and onions
- Top with fresh ground pepper and fresh dill (optional).
* This salad gets a whole new flavor when substituting the Sicilian Lemon Vinegar with Black Cherry, Pomegranate Quince or Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegars.