Cooking Time: 60 min Servings: 6-10
- 1½ lb fresh beets
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 6 cups baby arugula or mixed greens
- 1 cup whole pecans, toasted
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Cranberry Pear White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon good quality grainy mustard
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup+ 2 tablespoons Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil (love a fresh Picual Olive Oil)
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Scrub and trim the beets and wrap in a foil packet drizzled with a tablespoon of water.
- Roast for 1 hour or until tender when pierced through with a knife.
- Once the cooked beets are cool enough to handle, peel them by rubbing the skin off between paper towels. Warning: This will dye your hands bright red, so be sure to wear and apron.
- Cut the peeled beets in to 1" pieces and toss with a mixture of 2 tablespoons of Cranberry-Pear vinegar whisked together with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Set this aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the remaining Cranberry-Pear White Balsamic with the grainy mustard until well combined.
- Slowly drizzle in your olive oil of choice, whisking constantly until the mixture is thickened or emulsified.
- Add freshly ground pepper and sea salt to taste.
- Arrange the greens in a bowl or on a platter and dress with the Cranberry-Pear White Balsamic vinaigrette.
- Add the marinated roasted beets to the salad, along with the crumbled fresh goat cheese and toasted pecans.