Cooking Time: 20 Min Servings: 6
Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 cups day-old crusty peasant-style bread, cut or torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Traditional Balsamic Vinegar*
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes, diced (with the juice)
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 10 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, halved
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 400F. Mix 1/4 c olive oil, sea salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Toss with the bread pieces to coat.
- Spread bread on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bread has turned golden brown.
- Remove bread from oven and cool.
- Remove bread to a large bowl.
- Salt the tomatoes and toss with the remaining oil, and basil.
- Spread the tomatoes/basil on top of the bread.
- Top with the onions and olives.
- Let it sit on your counter for an hour or two.
- Just before serving, drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
*can also use Dark Chocolate, Espresso, or Fig.