Cooking Time: 10-20 Min Servings: 4
Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon green onion or reconstituted onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb medium red potatoes, not peeled and cut into thick slices
- 1 head lettuce
- 8 oz canned French-style green beans or regular green beans
- 12 cherry tomatoes (if available), each piece cut in half
- 1 (12 oz) can tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 2 large hard cooked eggs, each peeled and cut into quarters
- ½ cup olives
- Prepare your dressing first; for the dressing, mix in a small bowl the vinegar, lemon juice, green onion or onion flakes, mustard, sugar, and pepper until everything is well blended.
- Boil the potatoes in a pot over high heat, or use drained canned potatoes.
- After the potatoes have been cooked, your salad is now ready to be assembled.
- Pour half of the prepared dressing into a medium sized bowl and toss the lettuce leaves in it, making sure to evenly coat each one.
- Line the dressed lettuce leaves on a platter.
- Arrange the other ingredients of the salad – potatoes, green beans, cherry tomatoes, tuna, eggs, and olives – in separate piles on top of the lettuce leaves.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad and serve.