Cooking Time: 5-10 Min Servings: 6
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, about
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried
- ¾ cup Greek Kalamata or Nicoise olives
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Traditional Balsamic Vinegar*
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cups finely shredded lettuce or spinach
- Lemon wedges
* can also use dark chocolate, espresso, or fig
- Cut chicken breasts into chunks.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and sauté in a little of the olive oil over medium heat in batches until just done, about 5 -10min.
- Do not overcook.
- Set aside.
- Add onion and snow peas to additional olive oil and sauté until softened, but peas are still firm.
- Add garlic and oregano and cook one more minute.
- Add olives, tomatoes and lemon zest and stir until heated through.
- Add reserved chicken and season to taste with vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- To serve, season lettuce or spinach with remaining olive oil, salt, pepper and a bit of lemon juice.
- Divide equally on six plates.
- Spoon hot chicken salad onto lettuce and serve. Makes 6 servings.