Cooking Time: 15-20 min Servings: 1
Chipotle Infused Olive Oil
For the salad:
- 2 slices of bacon per person, cut into matchsticks
- 3-4 fresh sea scallops per person
- Mixed greens
- ¼ avocado per person, sliced
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 fresh lemon or lime juice (about 3 Tbsp)
- 1/2 cup Olive Scene Chipotle oil
- Pinch of salt, or smoked sea salt
- Crack of fresh pepper
- Crisp the bacon over medium heat in a frying pan.
- Remove bacon but leave the fat in the pan.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Sear over medium-high heat in the bacon fat.
- It should only take between 1 ½ to 3 minutes per side.
- Don’t overcook them, or they will become tough!
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking the Chipotle oil slowly into the lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Toss the greens with the vinaigrette, and lay a bed of greens on a plate.
- Arrange the bacon, avocado and scallops on top of the greens.
- Crack some fresh pepper on top, and enjoy!