Cooking Time: 15 Min Servings: 4
- fresh medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Champagne Wine Vinegar
- Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
For the salad:
- 1/2 lb slice bacon, finely chopped
- 10 oz fresh spinach, stemmed and torn into smaller pieces
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- 1/4 lb Swiss cheese slices, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup Olive Scene medium-bodied Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Scene Champagne Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Scene Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté bacon slices in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to a paper towel.
- Drain and cool.
- Combine spinach, croutons, cheese, eggs, avocado and onion in a large salad bowl.
- Toss gently.
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Shake again before serving.
- Toss with salad or leave on the side for each person to add their own.