Cooking Time: 40-50 min Servings: 1-2
Harissa Infused Olive Oil
- 2 large russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene Harissa Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 medium garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons Seasonello Salt (available at The Olive Scene)
- Heat oven to 475 degrees and arrange rack in top.
- Peel potatoes and cut lengthwise into ½“ wide planks.
- Cut planks lengthwise into ½” wide strips then cut strips in half crosswise.
- Cover potatoes in hot tap water and let soak for 10 minutes before proceeding.
- Meanwhile, combine oil and garlic in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- As soon as the mixture is aromatic and the garlic makes a sizzling noise, remove it from the heat and set aside to cool.
- When potatoes are done soaking, drain, and thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with garlic oil, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the salt, and turn to coat well.
- Spread fries out evenly across baking sheet and roast until fries are just beginning to color, about 25 minutes.
- Using a spatula, scrape sheet to turn fries and continue to roast until crisp on outside, potatoes give way when pierced with a knife, and are golden brown, about 15 minutes more.
- Remove fries from oven, season with remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, and serve immediately.