Cooking Time: 1 hour Servings: 10-15
- Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cups apple cider
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 inches of fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced thickly (or a pinch of ground ginger)
- 1 cinnamon stick (or ¼ tsp ground cinnamon)
- 1 bag (12oz) fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon 18 Year Aged Balsamic Vinegar (raspberry, fig, or strawberry balsamic vinegar would also work particularly well here)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the apple cider, orange zest & juice, and sugar and heat over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the, ginger, and cinnamon stick and let simmer for 10 minutes until reduced by a third.
- Add the cranberries and stir. Let simmer over medium low heat for another 15-20 minutes until the berries burst and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vinegar.
- Let cool before serving.
- Can be made up to 3 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
- Notes of ginger, orange, and cinnamon elevate this Thanksgiving side dish beyond the ordinary.