Cooking Time: 50-60 min Servings: 10-12
- ¾ c Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 c self-rising flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jigger Irish whiskey (1.5 fluid ounce)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Beat the oil and cream cheese with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the sugar until well blended.
- The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color.
- Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the cream cheese mixture before adding the next.
- Beat in the 2 tablespoons flour with the last egg.
- Stir in the remaining 2 cups flour until just combined; stir in the mace, vanilla, and whiskey.
- Pour into the prepared tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.