Cooking Time: 5-7 min Servings: 4-6
Wild Mushroom Infused Olive Oil
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Mushroom & Onion Olive Oil
- Salt and ground white pepper, to taste
- Crack the eggs into a glass mixing bowl and beat them until they turn a pale yellow color.
- Add the milk to the eggs and season to taste with salt and white pepper. Whisk with an over and under motion vigorously for 2 minutes.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed nonstick sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the oil, and swirl.
- Pour in the eggs, but do not stir.
- Allow the eggs cook for up to a minute or until the bottom starts to set.
- With a heat-resistant rubber spatula, gently push one edge of the egg into the center of the pan, while tilting the pan to allow the still liquid egg to flow in underneath.
- Repeat with the other edges, until there is no liquid left.
- Turn off the heat and continue gently stirring and turning the egg until all the uncooked parts become firm.
- Do not break up the egg, though.
- Try to keep the curds as large as possible
- Transfer to a plate when the eggs are set but still moist and soft.
- Eggs are delicate, so they will continue to cook for a few moments after they are on the plate.