Cooking Time: 120 min Servings: 15-20
Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 5 1/2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3/4 c Olive Scene Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1 c milk, warmed
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 c pecan halves
- 1 c cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Oil a large baking sheet with sides and a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a large bowl, drizzle with 1/4 c Blood Orange Oil and toss to coat.
- Spread on the prepared baking sheet and roast until tender, about 20 minutes, turning once during roasting time.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a food processor (in batches, if necessary) and puree until smooth.
- Scrape the puree into a large bowl.
- Add 1/4 c Blood Orange Olive Oil, 1 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of the nutmeg, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar and the milk and stir until combined.
- Stir in the eggs.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared 9x13 baking dish and smooth the surface.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Transfer the pecans to a work surface and coarsely chop them.
- In a bowl, toss the pecans with the cornflakes, cinnamon and the remaining 1/4 c Blood Orange Olive Oil, 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg and 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Season with salt.
- Remove the foil from the casserole.
- Spoon small clumps of the topping all over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes longer, until the topping is golden and sizzling.
- Let the casserole stand for 20 minutes before serving.
MAKE AHEAD The casserole can be baked up to 4 hours ahead and served warm or at room temperature.