Cooking Time: 15-20 Min Servings: 12
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene White Truffle Gourmet Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons minced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Olive Scene Butter Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch sea salt
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Place the eggs in a pot.
- Fill pot with water 1 inch above the eggs.
- Bring the pot to a boil and cover.
- Turn off the heat and let sit for 13 minutes - exactly!
- Uncover and run the eggs under cold water if using right away or refrigerate until ready to use.
- While eggs are cooking, heat Olive Scene Butter Infused Olive Oil in a small pan and sauté the shallots, adding the mushrooms halfway through, until all are soft.
- Cool completely.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks from the whites.
- Mash the yolks with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, truffle oil, cayenne, and sea salt.
- Whip until very light and fluffy.
- Spoon or pipe the yolk mixture into the whites.
- Top with ½ tsp of mushroom/shallot mixture and sprinkle with chopped chives.
- If piping, fill the pastry bag with the egg mixture then cut the tip of the bag off to form a hole about ¼ inch in diameter.
- Pipe the mixture into the egg white halves and finish with garnishes.