Cooking Time: 25-30 Min Servings: 10-12
- Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- White Truffle Oil
5 pounds potatoes
4 tablespoons Olive Scene Garlic Olive Oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon chopped fresh basil
¼ teaspoon marjoram, fresh or dried
¼ teaspoon thyme, fresh or dried
¼ teaspoon dill weed
1 8oz cream cheese
2/3 c sour cream
½ c milk, as needed
1 teaspoon Olive Scene White Truffle Oil (optional)
olive oil for the slow cooker, if making ahead
- Peel potatoes, cut into chunks, rinse, and put in a large saucepan.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and boil for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and partially cover the pan to allow potatoes to dry.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, cream cheese, and sour cream.
- Mix in milk until desired consistency is reached.
- If making these a day in advance refrigerate overnight.
- About 2 to 3 hours before serving, oil the crockery insert of a slow cooker.
- Add potatoes, cover, and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Turn to low and continue cooking until serving time.
- Stir a few times.
- As a decadent option, mix in 1 tsp truffle oil just before serving.