Cooking Time: 1 - 2 hrs Servings: 6-8
- Harissa Infused Olive Oil
- Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Olive Scene Harissa Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Olive Scene Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive Scene Champagne Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ c Fig Balsamic Jam (available at The Olive Scene)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 large onion, grated
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients and place in slow cooker.
- Add onion and garlic and set on low heat until the sauce is warm.
- Combine ground beef, egg, onion and salt.
- Mix well and form into 1” balls.
- Add to sauce and simmer for 1½ - 2 hours.