Cooking Time: 15 mins Servings: 4
- 2 ruby grapefruits
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large endives (about 1 ½ lbs), leaves separated
- 2 Hass avocados, cut into ½” dice
- 1 pound smoked salmon fillets, skinned and flaked into 1-inch pieces
- Using a knife, carefully peel the grapefruits; be sure to remove all of the bitter white pith.
- Working over a bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the grapefruit sections into the bowl.
- Transfer the sections to a plate. Squeeze any extra grapefruit juice from the membranes into the bowl and stir in the vinegar and shallot, then whisk in the crème fraîche and oil.
- Season the grapefruit vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the endives on a large platter.
- Top with the grapefruit sections, diced avocado and smoked salmon and serve, passing the vinaigrette at the table.