Cooking Time: 10 mins Servings: 8
Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 c cold water
- 2 c sugar
- 3 strips lemon peel (3” x 1” each)
- 2½ c fresh lemon juice (about 12 lemons)
- ½ c Olive Scene Blackberry Ginger Balsamic vinegar
- 1 c raspberries
- 1 c blackberries
- Ice cubes
- Seltzer or club soda
Prepare sugar syrup:
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat 4 cups water with sugar and lemon peel to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cover saucepan and boil 3 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in food processor, pulse berries until pureed.
- Pour into medium-mesh sieve set over large bowl and press berry mixture with back of spoon to remove seeds; discard seeds.
- Remove peel from syrup; stir syrup into berry puree with lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and remaining 4 cups water. Makes 13 cups.
- Pour into large pitcher with tight-fitting lid. Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 3 hours or up to 2 days. Serve over ice.
- Add seltzer to taste; garnish with berries.