Cooking Time: 18-21 min Servings: 4-6
Basil Infused Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 c frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 4 tablespoons Olive Scene Basil Olive Oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 scallions, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 475.
- Coat rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- Place hash browns and Basil Oil in large microwave safe bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave on high power until hash browns are defrosted, about 5 minutes. Remove plastic wrap, stir well, and let cool.
- Whisk egg, scallions, cornstarch, salt, and pepper together in medium bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Add to hash brown mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Divide mixture into 10 equal sized balls and set aside on large plate.
- Place oiled baking sheet in oven and heat until oil is hot about 3 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and, working quickly, place potato balls on hot baking sheet.
- Spray each ball with cooking spray, then press each one into 1/2-inch thick disk using metal spatula.
- Bake until potato pancakes are golden brown on bottom, about 10 minutes.
- Flip pancakes over, press down using metal spatula, and bake until crisp and golden brown on second side, about 8 minutes more.
- Place pancakes on plate lined with paper towels and let drain briefly.