Cooking Time: 45-50 min Servings: 6-8
- 1/3 c packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (15-ounce) unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 c packed light brown sugar
- ½ c Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 12 pieces
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ c buttermilk
- 1 c walnuts, toasted and chopped fine
FOR THE TOPPING:
- Mix all dry ingredients together in bowl until well combined.
- Drizzle olive oil over and mix with a fork until topping resembles wet sand; set aside.
FOR THE BREAD:
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350
- Grease two 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pans.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in bowl.
- Combine pumpkin puree, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook mixture, stirring constantly, until reduced to 1½ cups, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat; stir in granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, and cream cheese until combined.
- Let mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk until no visible pieces of cream cheese remain and mixture is homogeneous.
- Whisk together eggs and buttermilk.
- Add egg mixture to pumpkin mixture and whisk to combine.
- Fold flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until combined (some small lumps of flour are OK).
- Fold walnuts into batter.
- Scrape batter into prepared pans.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over top of each loaf.
- Bake until skewer inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let breads cool in pans on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove breads from pans and let cool for at least 1½ hours.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.