Cooking Time: 1 Hr Servings: 4
- 4 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 c potato flour
- 1 tablespoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon light amber honey or granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 c whole milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- If using a bread machine, add all of the liquid, honey/sugar, salt, and 3 Tbsp of olive oil to the pan.
- Then add both flours, followed by the yeast last.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for your bread machine if you intend to bake it in the machine.
- If using a stand mixer or mixing kneading by hand, mix and then knead the dough for about 6 minutes.
- The dough should be very soft, but not sticky.
- Add more flour, in small amounts as needed to keep the dough from sticking.
- Allow to rise in a warm spot for about an hour.
- Lightly punch the dough down, transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment and gently reshape in to a rustic loaf.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap lightly greased with olive oil.
- Allow the dough to rise for 45 additional minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375 and adjust the rack to the center of the oven.
- Drizzle the loaf with two tablespoons of Cobrançosa, and bake for about 40 minutes, until golden brown, or a digital thermometer inserted in to the center of the loaf registers 199 degrees.
- Remove the loaf and immediately drizzle with remaining tablespoons of Cobrançosa.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before before serving. Best served warm!