Cooking Time: 15-20 min Servings: 6-8
- 1 teaspoon fast rise yeast (if you use regular yeast, allow longer raising time)
- 1 c warm water
- 2 c unbleached bread flour
- 1 c unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder (helps to make the crust chewy but tender)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus extra for pan
This recipe can be made by hand or in a mixer.
If using a bread machine, follow manufacturer’s instructions for dough.
- Combine yeast and warm water; let stand about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir by hand or mix to incorporate, then knead (on slow speed if using mixer, 5 to 7 minutes, or if by hand, until smooth and elastic).
- Cover dough with oiled plastic wrap and allow to rest 1 hour (or refrigerate up to 24 hours, well wrapped, but allow room to rise).
- Punch down dough.
- Preheat oven to 450
- Oil a 16-20” pizza pan depending on how thick you want the crust
- Roll out dough on the pan.
- Top as desired.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until cheese is lightly browned.