Cooking Time: 12 Min Servings: 13-20
Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 c. flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or orange peel
- 3/4 c cold butter
- 3/4 c raisins, mini chocolate chips, dried cranberries, chopped dates, etc.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 c milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients and cut in butter until it resembles course meal.
- Add raisins and toss gently.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Mix remaining milk and vinegar and allow to sit and thicken.
- Make well in center of flour.
- Add milk/vinegar mixture.
- Stir until just mixed.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Pat until ½ in. thick.
- Cut with 2 ½ in. cutter for large traditional scones, or use a smaller cutter for smaller scones.
- Brush tops with reserved milk.
- Bake 425 degrees F for 12 min or until golden brown.
Servings: 13-14 large, or 18-20 small scones