Cooking Time: 4 hr Servings: 6
- 1 lb dried, rinsed Great Northern White Beans
- 2 inch sprig of fresh rosemary
- 4 cups low chicken or vegetable stock and water to cover beans
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 whole garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 large celery rib, diced
- 2 oz. can of diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of your favorite bold Olive Scene Single Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a 6 quart or larger stock pot, add all of the ingredients except the olive oil.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, partially covered for approximately 4 hours or until the beans are tender and fully cooked through.
- Add more water as necessary.
- Allow the beans to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a food processor, ladle two cups of cooked beans along with the cooking liquid.
- Add 1/4 c olive oil and process until smooth or desired consistency is reached.
- Serve at room temperature drizzled with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
*The spread can be served with crudités, crackers, pita or crusty bread. Makes approximately 2 1/2 cups white bean spread.