Cooking Time: 12 Min Servings: 4
Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 wheel of Brie cheese
- 1 jar Strawberry Jam (available at the Olive Scene)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 c roasted walnuts, chopped
- 4 walnut halves, roasted, for garnish
- Place Brie in refrigerator for about 2 hours to firm up for easier slicing.
- Slice Brie in half horizontally, creating two rounds.
- Spread Strawberry Jam evenly atop open-faced round.
- Sprinkle chopped, roasted walnuts over fig jam.
- Drizzle with Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar.
- Put Brie wheel back together by placing other half on open round (create a sandwich with the brie rounds acting as bread).
- Wrap in foil and bake 10-12 min in 350 oven.
- Garnish by spooning a dollop of fig balsamic jam on top of brie round and adding walnut halves.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until an hour or so before serving.
- Slice torte to display filling.
- Allow torte to come to room temperature and serve with crackers or French bread.
*For an elegant look, place on a bed of mesculin greens and arrange fresh fig quarters around the cheese.
**For a rustic look, place torte directly on a bread board and serve.