Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar enhances this season's fresh berries in this beautiful sweet/savory appetizer.
Crispy crostini, creamy goat cheese, sweet berries and black pepper come together in this easy yet gourmet recipe.
Strawberry and Goat Cheese Crostini - Serves 4
- 1/2 baguette or crusty Italian loaf, cut into 1/2 inch slices (about 8 baguette slices or 4 larger slices)
- 4 oz fresh goat cheese (chevre)
- 1 cup thinly sliced strawberries (about 10 berries)
- 1 tablespoon Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange the bread on a baking sheet. Bake for 2-3 minutes per side, until slightly crisp but not browned.
- Divide the goat cheese among the toast slices, spreading a thick layer on one side of the bread.
- Divide the berries among the slices, arranging on the goat cheese.
- Drizzle the balsamic over the crostini. Top with a few cracks of freshly ground black pepper.